KING OF BOLLYWOOD

Shah Rukh Khan to King Khan – the journey was not easy. The man who made it all by himself, without a Godfather in Bollywood. And one thing that always brought out the best in him was his fear of failure. He doesn’t mind laughing at himself. And whenever he thinks success is getting into his head, all he does is make a trip to the U.S. where he is stripped down in the security checks to make him realize that he is just another human being.
When he visited Yale University in 20
12, he delivered a motivational speech to the students. Here is a curtailed version of the speech where he emphasized the importance of failure in life.
Here is A video interview link:http://za.gl/NXRuDS
Below is the Transcript of the video
Whatever happened to me happened because I have been always terrified of failure. I don’t want as much to succeed as much as I don’t want to fail.
I come from a very normal, lower-middle-class family. I saw a lot of failures. My father was a beautiful man and the most successful failure in the world. My mother also failed to stay long enough with me to see me become a big movie star. At an early age, after my parents died, I equated poverty with failure. I just didn’t want to be poor. So when I got a chance to act in films it wasn’t out of any creative desire that I did so. It was purely out of the fear of failure and poverty. Most of the films I signed were discards of better-known actors and the producers could not find anyone else to do them. I did them all to make sure that I was working to avoid unemployment. The timing or something was right, and that made them happen.  The timing or something was right, and that made them happen. I became a big star.

                   

Comments